Rage Against Suburban Zombie-ism
Monday, November 30, 2009

CHEMICALS!!!

Sweet, sweet chemicals.

Maybe it's 'cause it's still relatively new and the novelty hasn't worn off just yet, but I love Bath & Body Works. Whenever I'm feeling blah, assaulting my olfactory bulb seems to perk me right up! <-- Maybe it's the chemicals?

Anyway, as a sorta update to this post about toxicity in cosmetic products, I had the same thought while I was filling my blue mesh bag at a recent B&BW sale with J. I paused and asked, "Is this stuff safe?"

I tried looking to the labels for the answer. And as soon as I started reading, I felt as though I was back in Chemistry class, and my brain shutdown.

Eventually, I got distracted with deals and I forgot about my search for products that are safe to use...and aren't linked to cancer. Being all-natural &/or products that are made using natural ingredients would be a bonus!

Allz I know is that I don't use those Glade whatchamacallits that White people seem to go gaga for, so hopefully, that helps in lowering the cancer factor. And only when necessary, I'll burn the occasional candle/essential oil, but I won't have some heavily scented shit plugged in 24/7, that's for sure!

So if there's a chemist out there, with access to B&BW products, can you please read the label and tell me whether or not it's safe? Unfortunately, with the heavy scents, I'm pretty sure they ain't "natural".

P.S. I was watching some news report and it stated that anything with "parfum" or "fragrance" on the list of ingredients actually encompasses about 200+ chemicals!!! Those ingredients are commonly used just so that manufacturers don't hafta cite a whole bunch of other things that a product contains.

Labels:



posted by Stephania at 2:47 pm
|
Comments: Post a Comment
All Music.com
Bible Gateway
Dictionary.com - USE IT!
eBay.ca
eBay.com

Aime Luxury
Elaine
Eleasa
Magda
Ruth

Internet Movie Db
PIG Radio
stereogum
Steve Lamacq
Urban Dictionary
Value Village

A Socialite's Life
Dlisted


Looking for something?




About Stephania

Email me! - pls include email address if you want a response!

Your FAV Blog


This page is powered by Blogger, the easy way to update your web site.

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com





Follow this blog