Rage Against Suburban Zombie-ism
Thursday, April 02, 2015

A Social Media
Time-thefuck-Out

After about a week of checking out #Insta in order to hawk my wares, here are my impressions:

1. I feel slimy getting followers. Not sure how I do that aside from 'following' other people.  It's sort of a double-edged sword though 'cause in order to sell my stuff, it's absolutely necessary for me to gain followers, but I ain't in grade school any more;


2. I'm sorta OCD, so it's not good for people like me.  Another thing to contribute to the downfall of my sleep hygiene;

3. I feel as though I've been scrolling through an unending photo commercial for: cars, watches, models, & questionable cam girls who probably won't give it up;

4. I can see the whole connecting with strangers who have similar interests, so that's a bonus;

5. Seems like an acceptable way for people to flaunt their "wealth" - in quotes 'cause I'm sure people just take random pics of other people's luxury items in order to perpetuate themselves as rich.  Insecurity expressed through photos, puke-worthy imho;

6. Takes up A LOT of time...if you let it, and;


7. I haven't sold one thing yet, so it takes time to build your followers.


Honestly, I am glad that I'll be going on vacay to the Westcoast, so perhaps I can recapture some zen in my life.


Looking forward to my media break...but apparently, my phone plan will work there too!

Labels:



posted by Stephania at 5:13 pm
|
Comments: Post a Comment
All Music.com
Bible Gateway
Dictionary.com - USE IT!
eBay.ca
eBay.com

Aime Luxury
Elaine
Eleasa
Magda
Ruth

Internet Movie Db
PIG Radio
stereogum
Steve Lamacq
Urban Dictionary
Value Village

A Socialite's Life
Dlisted


Looking for something?




About Stephania

Email me! - pls include email address if you want a response!

Your FAV Blog


This page is powered by Blogger, the easy way to update your web site.

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com





Follow this blog