Rage Against Suburban Zombie-ism
Thursday, April 02, 2015
After about a week of checking out #Insta in order to hawk my wares, here are my impressions:
1. I feel slimy getting followers. Not sure how I do that aside from 'following' other people. It's sort of a double-edged sword though 'cause in order to sell my stuff, it's absolutely necessary for me to gain followers, but I ain't in grade school any more;
2. I'm sorta OCD, so it's not good for people like me. Another thing to contribute to the downfall of my sleep hygiene;
3. I feel as though I've been scrolling through an unending photo commercial for: cars, watches, models, & questionable cam girls who probably won't give it up;
4. I can see the whole connecting with strangers who have similar interests, so that's a bonus;
5. Seems like an acceptable way for people to flaunt their "wealth" - in quotes 'cause I'm sure people just take random pics of other people's luxury items in order to perpetuate themselves as rich. Insecurity expressed through photos, puke-worthy imho;
6. Takes up A LOT of time...if you let it, and;
7. I haven't sold one thing yet, so it takes time to build your followers.
Honestly, I am glad that I'll be going on vacay to the Westcoast, so perhaps I can recapture some zen in my life.
Looking forward to my media break...but apparently, my phone plan will work there too!
posted by Stephania at 5:13 pm
Comments: Post a Comment
Dictionary.com - USE IT!
Internet Movie Db
A Socialite's Life
Email me! - pls include email address if you want a response!
Your FAV Blog