Rage Against Suburban Zombie-ism
Thursday, January 08, 2015

New Year,
New Skin Care

I'm sure you'll all agree, dry skin = aging skin.  When your skin looks dry, it's dull and appears wrinkly and crepe-y.  And who wants to look like that?  NO ONE.

So after finishing a small bar of black african soap with good results to combat the dullness of Winter, I went back to my old cleansers (Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cleanser, Andalou Apricot Probiotic Cleansing Milk) with slightly duller results than the soap.  And that's when I remembered that I had a coupla brand new bars of Sibu's Sea Buckthorn Cleansing Face & Body Bar.  That's a mouthful!

(It doesn't appear in this photo, but on the box that I have, it actually says 'Cleanse & Detox'.  Perfect for the New Year!  Plus, it states that it's 100% natural.  I must say though for something that's natural, the smell is reminiscent of a carwash.)

Since it's a regular sized bar of soap and I'm only gonna use it for my face, I cut the bar in half so it's easier to handle.

I've only used the bar once, but it yielded good results!  My skin was opposite of dull.  I'm not trying to bash Kiehl's/Andalou's products, but I find skin gets accustomed to cleansing/moisturising products to the point of losing efficacy.  So in the near future, I'll hafta write an update of this Sibu product!

Another product that I find helpful in fighting dullness is Origins' A Perfect World White Tea Skin Guardian.



It's supposed to go on freshly cleansed skin, before moisturising, and it's sorta part serum/primer, but without all those silicones.  I don't use a lot of products, so the ones I do use, I try to be as natural as possible and that includes staying away from heavily scented things.  :S  I find that Origins does a great job with striking that nice balance of being scented, but not too much.  I love the delicate scent of this Skin Guardian!

Warning:  At $60+/bottle, this product ain't cheap, but it's nice!

Labels:



posted by Stephania at 8:37 pm
|
Comments: Post a Comment
All Music.com
Bible Gateway
Dictionary.com - USE IT!
eBay.ca
eBay.com

Aime Luxury
Elaine
Eleasa
Magda
Ruth

Internet Movie Db
PIG Radio
stereogum
Steve Lamacq
Urban Dictionary
Value Village

A Socialite's Life
Dlisted


Looking for something?




About Stephania

Email me! - pls include email address if you want a response!

Your FAV Blog


This page is powered by Blogger, the easy way to update your web site.

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com





Follow this blog