Rage Against Suburban Zombie-ism
Wednesday, November 20, 2013
Dear Hart of Dixie,
We're already a few eps into Season 3 and my verdict? You sorta suck now. Not sure what happened, but your cute, quirky characters have become boring, stale, and possibly dumber.
Other reasons why you suck...
1. George's hair is naaasty. 2 eps ago, he made an appointment to get that shit cut, but not sure what happened to that storyline 'cause it's still long and unkempt!
2. Zoe (Rachel Bilson) is now an airhead. I love Rachel Bilson, but there is only so much I can take with her standing, with her arms crossed, and giggling to herself. It happens so much that it's just embarrassing now.
3. Lemon (Jaime King) is lost 'n boring. What happened to her scheming? Why is she suddenly 'lost' in life when that's not within her character?
4. Wade is now two-dimensional...and not topless enough. When did Wade fall to the wayside, becoming a tertiary character??
5. Joel, the Jewish boyfriend is an absolutely pointless character. Other than being Zoe's puppet, doing whatever zany thing she suggests, he serves no purpose.
5.5. Speaking of pointless new characters, whaddup with Lavon's 20yo cousin, Lynly? So now she's with George Tucker, but isn't George in his 30s? I know, no biggie in real life, right?? But still, their relationship seems pointless.
6. What ever happened to Rose, the bookish lookin' high schooler who was Zoe's protégé? I actually liked her burgeoning friendship with Zoe, but aside from the first ep, she has literally disappeared from the series!
7. The weird little events that happen in Bluebell seem contrived. These events seem to happen in every episode now and they are just there to be a vehicle for "drama" to happen...even though the drama (or lack thereof) does not pay off.
8. I just don't give a fuck. The show is literally on in the background while I surf the 'net and I don't feel as though I'm missing anything, even the fashion!
The new peeps add absolutely no value/drama to the show and in addition, they're lazy, one-dimensional characters.
Story-wise, there are no major cliffhangers that continue from one ep to the next. So as a viewer, there's little-to-no incentive to keep watching.
Should I keep watching just to see what happens since there's nothing on a Monday evening anyway?
posted by Stephania at 12:47 pm
Comments: Post a Comment
Dictionary.com - USE IT!
Internet Movie Db
A Socialite's Life
Email me! - pls include email address if you want a response!
Your FAV Blog