Rage Against Suburban Zombie-ism
Monday, August 12, 2013

Wine Review:
Kono Sauvignon Blanc

Here's another recent Trader Joe's find for what I believe is Kono's (New Zealand) Sauvignon Blanc and not the Pinot Gris, as per the photo. The bottle looks the same, it was a White by Kono, I just didn't take note of the variety before I discarded the bottle it was that bad.

First whiff of this White was a bouquet of fromage.  Gross, ick, blech.  Being Asian, the mere scent of cheese is an automatic turn-off!  The wine itself wasn't particularly sweet, but off-dry.  Not my thing at all. 

I'm normally a Red gal, but seeing how it's still Summer, I decided to go with a White!  I choose this particular bottle for 2 reasons:  1)  There was a "Staff Picks" sign just above it (total bullshit) and 2)  I overheard some guy, from Australia, who sounded knowledgeable, going on about how good New Zealand Whites are (not this one!).

So the next time you're at Trader Joe's do not, I repeat DO NOT, be fooled by their signs!  Instead, try to find a staff member who knows their wines and ask for a recommendation.  

Labels:



posted by Stephania at 4:15 pm
|
Comments: Post a Comment
All Music.com
Bible Gateway
Dictionary.com - USE IT!
eBay.ca
eBay.com

Aime Luxury
Elaine
Eleasa
Magda
Ruth

Internet Movie Db
PIG Radio
stereogum
Steve Lamacq
Urban Dictionary
Value Village

A Socialite's Life
Dlisted


Looking for something?




About Stephania

Email me! - pls include email address if you want a response!

Your FAV Blog


This page is powered by Blogger, the easy way to update your web site.

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com





Follow this blog