Rage Against Suburban Zombie-ism
Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Tim Bosma Case

This local-ish case of the missing man/husband/father, now found dead, Tim Bosma hurts my heart.  Selling your car shouldn't lead to murder.  Click here to read the news story.

I don't want to sound sexist, but especially as a woman, you hafta be extra cautious when placing yourself in these kinda situations. 

Here are some safety tips I followed when I was selling my own car:
-  meet in a public parking lot, during the day.  Pick a somewhat busy spot preferably with cameras.  DO NOT meet potential buyers at your house, unless there are family members constantly around/the car doesn't run, etc.
-  bring a friend for the test drive.  If not possible, text/note down the name/phone number of the person you are meeting, stick note somewhere visible, your computer screen, the fridge, on your desk, etc.
-  keep your cell phone handy in case of an emergency!  Make sure the battery is charged and it is turned on
-  bring Bear Spray/knife/something that you can use as a weapon.  I never did this myself per se, but with this recent case, it seems as though it's getting to that point where you may need to carry out drastic measures!

You can follow the same protocol when meeting an online date.  I know, how romantic.

R.I.P. Tim.

Labels:



posted by Stephania at 2:36 pm
|
Comments: Post a Comment
All Music.com
Bible Gateway
Dictionary.com - USE IT!
eBay.ca
eBay.com

Aime Luxury
Elaine
Eleasa
Magda
Ruth

Internet Movie Db
PIG Radio
stereogum
Steve Lamacq
Urban Dictionary
Value Village

A Socialite's Life
Dlisted


Looking for something?




About Stephania

Email me! - pls include email address if you want a response!

Your FAV Blog


This page is powered by Blogger, the easy way to update your web site.

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com





Follow this blog