Rage Against Suburban Zombie-ism
Saturday, March 30, 2013

Bronski Beat's
"Smalltown Boy"

File under:  What's on my iPod

I've been meaning to refresh my iPod with some "new music", but instead, all I downloaded were tracks from the late '70s - mid '80s, various genres, including early electro, soul, adult contemporary (a cat that my fellow music store workers would regularly poke fun at, but I listened to anyway!), pop, etc.  

(Despite the accolades, I was getting sick of being forced to wail to Adele's "Someone Like You" that has been ruined by all those tone-deaf versions on YouTube.  :( )

Honourable, specific mentions go out to anything by Gino Vannelli (this guy hasn't won a songwriting award??), especially ballads, Yazoo's "Don't Go" (Alison Moyet's voice is soo powerful + to-die-for!), Robert Palmer's "Addicted To Love" (will hafta try to pull off the Patrick Nagel-girl look sometime this Summer!), & sorta rediscovering Bruce Springsteen via "I'm On Fire", less (waaaay <)"Born In The U.S.A."! :P

Anyway, "Smalltown Boy" also makes it on my list not only 'cause of the kickass bassline; BUT the video also presents a somewhat untouched subject in '84, homosexuality...

Was I just too lazy to seek out new-new music OR is there truly nothing worthy out there??  Taylor Swift's "I Knew You Were Trouble" is sorta a hawt track!

Labels:



posted by Stephania at 2:20 am
|
Comments: Post a Comment
All Music.com
Bible Gateway
Dictionary.com - USE IT!
eBay.ca
eBay.com

Aime Luxury
Elaine
Eleasa
Magda
Ruth

Internet Movie Db
PIG Radio
stereogum
Steve Lamacq
Urban Dictionary
Value Village

A Socialite's Life
Dlisted


Looking for something?




About Stephania

Email me! - pls include email address if you want a response!

Your FAV Blog


This page is powered by Blogger, the easy way to update your web site.

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com





Follow this blog