Rage Against Suburban Zombie-ism
Tuesday, May 22, 2012



Facebook Fights

I love generating discussions, but how come these discussions seem to turn into fights?

Example #1:  I was getting sick of mother-"friends" posting, Facebook statusing updates about their dumbass babies shittin'.  So I Facebook commented about it, in a general statement.   BOOM.  One "friend", not even the particular one I was referring to, gets her guard up, states that she's pretty proud of her baby, thinks he's cute, and prompts me to remove her from my feed.  <-- Which I already did like a month prior to this 'cause it was just too much!

Example #2:  I responded to another "friends" status, as a joke, but I guess it came off as an ignorant comment.  (As to be expected if I was taken literally.)  Another one of his "friends", joins in, basically telling me that I was "fuckin' crazy" for having this thought/belief.  Again, it was a joke.  So I promptly removed both of them as "friends".  Fine.  We didn't really know each other anyway.  No real loss.

And the list goes on.  Most of the time, it begins with me stating my thoughts, then it snowballs from there.

These fights oftentimes spill onto my personal life as well.  Like that one time that my Standup Comedy Instructor accused me of being a racist.  ME.  Whatever, White Lady!

Ever since then, I still haven't been able to think of 1 act that 1) wasn't offensive AND 2) was still funny! 

Initially, I guess I do take people's disagreements as personal attacks.  (This stems from a dysfunctional childhood and being bullied throughout grade school.)  However, I should keep this mantra in mind:  If I'm not offending someone, I'm doing something wrong!

Labels: , , ,



posted by Stephania at 10:18 am
|
Comments: Post a Comment
All Music.com
Bible Gateway
Dictionary.com - USE IT!
eBay.ca
eBay.com

Aime Luxury
Elaine
Eleasa
Magda
Ruth

Internet Movie Db
PIG Radio
stereogum
Steve Lamacq
Urban Dictionary
Value Village

A Socialite's Life
Dlisted


Looking for something?




About Stephania

Email me! - pls include email address if you want a response!

Your FAV Blog


This page is powered by Blogger, the easy way to update your web site.

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com





Follow this blog