Rage Against Suburban Zombie-ism
Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Brandon Walker's
"Chinese Food on Christmas"

With the exception of Chinese food* (meh) and the whole Jew thing, I completely relate to this song, re: "'Cause there just ain't that much else to do on Christmas"...when you're family's fucked up.

A friend of mine whom I haven't seen in ages suggested that we get together, after the Holidays are over. In addition to, "Why wait 'til the Holidays are over?", my response was that aside from a bunch of depressing, sporadic days off, the Holidays don't mean much to someone from a broken home.

(I really should get on this whole getting married and poppin' out random kids in order to create my own new world order! Nothing fixes your own fam issues than burying 'em with a new fam.)


My parents hate each other and aren't particularly religious, so I was that kid who told the other kids at school that there was no such thing as Santa Claus. In many respects, I'm still that kid.

Note to self: Be sure to call other friend who's in the same sitch.

Note to you: Call friends who you know who are in the same sitch as me.

I realise that my posts have been a bit Jew-heavy, but hey, Hanukkah starts tonight, Happy Hanukkah!


* When I dine out, Chinese food ain't my first choice. In fact, it stresses me out, especially when I'm with non-Chinese friends 'cause after reviewing the menu, they'll always defer to me...as if I own the restaurant or something. Don't fuckin' look at me, read the description, and order whatever sounds good to you!

In terms of dim sum, I flippin' hate eating dim sum here 'cause I think it sucks and is probably previously frozen. :( If you've been back to HK, TO doesn't really compare.

Labels:



posted by Stephania at 6:34 pm
|
Comments: Post a Comment
All Music.com
Bible Gateway
Dictionary.com - USE IT!
eBay.ca
eBay.com

Aime Luxury
Elaine
Eleasa
Magda
Ruth

Internet Movie Db
PIG Radio
stereogum
Steve Lamacq
Urban Dictionary
Value Village

A Socialite's Life
Dlisted


Looking for something?




About Stephania

Email me! - pls include email address if you want a response!

Your FAV Blog


This page is powered by Blogger, the easy way to update your web site.

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com





Follow this blog