Rage Against Suburban Zombie-ism
Monday, November 07, 2011
When I grow up, I wanna be a...?
I realise that I should already have the answer to this question, but I don't.
Over the years, I've done a pretty good job at eliminating possibilities. Soo doesn't that mean that I'm closer to figuring out my calling in life?
My calling defo does not include the following:
- young children
- old people
- reading or studying at length
- the public at-large
- dumb, mentally-challenged, or retarded people
- social work or helping others
- giving people speeding tickets
- being diplomatic. Being politically correct = bullshit!
- punching in on some time-clock
- physical labour
- repetitive tasks
- anything that involves illegal activity/social injustice, including doing taxes for someone who is on "disability", but I know s/he is completely able-bodied, someone who has kids for a government pay cheque, etc.
- not judging people
- kissing rich people's ass
- wiping asses
- Wall St.
- watching others kick-back, put their feet up, while the others, usually minorities are working their asses off!
- wearing skimpy outfits/dancing/sleeping with gross randoms for cash
- & the list goes on...notice that I didn't say hard-work 'cause that's something that I'm definitely not opposed to, given the right task!
So what is your theory about what we end up doing with the majority of our adult lives? Is it genetic, i.e. my grandpa was a tailor, my mom can sew, and now I want to design clothing? Is it something that our parents secretly, or not so secretly, shaped us into doing? Is our career ultimately the result of a mix of opportunity + happenstance in our lives? Is it a more laissez-faire approach that "whatever you're meant to do will eventually happen" OR other?
posted by Stephania at 10:43 pm
Comments: Post a Comment
Dictionary.com - USE IT!
Internet Movie Db
A Socialite's Life
Email me! - pls include email address if you want a response!
Your FAV Blog