Rage Against Suburban Zombie-ism
Sunday, April 10, 2011
Roots: Not just for tourists or mom anymore?
I don't spend $50 on sweatpants or do I hafta buy touristy stuff for visitors, so I seldom step foot into Roots. Recently though, I was quite impressed to see a kaleidoscope of colourful purses that lured me into a store!
If the display was any indication, could Spring be finally in the air?
On the lookout for a day bag/keepall, the Kristina Bag (in a bright orange) immediately caught my attention!
- Shape, size, style; the fact that there is a strap that allows it to be wore as an across-the-body
- That it is leather. It's difficult to find a good leather purse...that's not black. I'm all for non-leather products, but from my experience, vinyl isn't durable; it rips, especially at high-stress points near handles.
- Colour. I also saw their New Little Luisa purse in a hot pink which I also liked!
- Handles are a different colour than the rest of the purse. Blech.
- Beaver Crest or whatever that Roots emblem is called. It may look small, but when you see it up-close, it's quite prominent.
- White Stitching. Call me picky, but I don't like contrasting coloured stitching. Not classy!
Honestly, if the handles were the same colour as the bag and the emblem wasn't as obvious, I would've by-passed the $288CAD price tag, rushed over to the check-out, with my VISA in the air. I will definitely keep my eyes peeled for a Roots sale!
Another bonus: This purse almost makes me forget the Louis Vuitton X Sofia Coppola top handle bag. ;)
Anyway, to give you an idea of its size and versatility, here's a video of the limited edition Kristina Bag in Infinity Blue:
I'm not sure why they did this, but Roots limited this bag to only 45! Doesn't it make such a huge difference that the leather handles are the same colour as the rest of the bag?
Note: It's made out of the Alberta Leather which, by the looks of it, seems to be the leather that scratches up easily. :(
Anyway, Infinity Blue is obviously sold out, but perhaps they'll bring it back OR make some slight changes to their orange bag? *hint, hint*
posted by Stephania at 8:26 pm
Comments: Post a Comment
Dictionary.com - USE IT!
Internet Movie Db
A Socialite's Life
Email me! - pls include email address if you want a response!
Your FAV Blog