Rage Against Suburban Zombie-ism
Saturday, April 30, 2011
The mayor of my city, Hazel "Hurricane" McCallion, will be on Fox News, tonight @ 8pm EST, with Mike Huckabee. (Re-air will be on Sunday @ 8pm EST.) Apparently, she'll be talking about governing a growing city without any debt and probably being old.
I told my mom this news and she snarled with the "It's probably because our taxes are sky HIGH!" Although, I am glad that my auto insurance isn't higher than it would be if I lived in Toronto!
Things that I've heard about Hazel, or as I'd like to refer to her, the White Canadian Raisin:
- has been described as a "shrewd business woman"
- lives in Streetsville, a village-like part of Mississauga
- drives a Chevy Malibu Hybrid...like a maniac
- likes to drink, fish, and hockey
- got run over by a car while crossing the street, got up, dusted herself off, and continued walking
- is a regular at Peter's On Eglinton
- recently celebrated her 90th Bday
Currently, her office, a.k.a. City Hall, is under major renos. Can anyone tell me wtf is going on there?? Perhaps her appearance on Fox News will fill me in.
posted by Stephania at 12:18 pm
i'm nearly convinced that she's immortal. but she fits in SO WELL in Streetsville and at Peter's on Eglinton!
LOL @ White Canadian Raisin.
i'm nearly convinced she's immortal. but she fits in so well in Streetsville and Peter's on Eglinton! good on this 90-year-old woman!Post a Comment
LOL @ White Canadian Raisin!
Dictionary.com - USE IT!
Internet Movie Db
A Socialite's Life
Email me! - pls include email address if you want a response!
Your FAV Blog