Rage Against Suburban Zombie-ism
Monday, March 21, 2011

Repetto "Michael" Loafers

How cute are these patent loafers, which pay tribute to the King of Pop, by French shoemaker, Repetto? They are particularly joli en violet et puce, a cement colour.

Fine, they were released back in '09, but I just found out about them. Yes, I'm somewhat behind.

If I hadn't found a pair of slipper loafers at StyleSense*, by Ramon Tenza, these loafers would've replaced my search! Then again, I wouldn't know where to physically find Repettos. The brand is sold at Holt Renfrew, but I've just seen the ballet flats there. They are also sold via the Repetto website, but I didn't look into the shipping to Canada + applicable taxes/duties = usually not worth it!

Just to give you an idea of the $, the Michael loafers retail for 185€ which roughly equals $256+CAD, if you can find them. Aside from noir vernis, they also come in caban (navy blue), puce, plus suede in limited colours.

One negative about patent leather shoes is that their look fades with wear. Especially where the shoe bends, they'll get creased, and you can't really do anything 'bout it. Okay, lemme change this post, Repetto's Michael loafers is a cute...idea.


* very hit or miss as all there merch is on the salesfloor. So if you don't see your size under the display shoe, they don't have it! Also, their smallest size seems to be 6US, so I usually can't find my size anyway. :(

Labels:



posted by Stephania at 1:40 pm
|
Comments: Post a Comment
All Music.com
Bible Gateway
Dictionary.com - USE IT!
eBay.ca
eBay.com

Aime Luxury
Elaine
Eleasa
Magda
Ruth

Internet Movie Db
PIG Radio
stereogum
Steve Lamacq
Urban Dictionary
Value Village

A Socialite's Life
Dlisted


Looking for something?




About Stephania

Email me! - pls include email address if you want a response!

Your FAV Blog


This page is powered by Blogger, the easy way to update your web site.

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com





Follow this blog