Rage Against Suburban Zombie-ism
Thursday, November 05, 2009

Hot Bitch of the Day:André Leon Talley

I'm trying to catch up with fashion by watching Valentino: The Last Emperor (2008) and now, The September Issue (2009).

Mini-review: Most of Valentino was in Italian, no subs, but luckily he did flip to French/English, so I understood that. From what I deduced, it was a bit shallow - as in, not in the superficial way, but there was little-to-no depth to the doc. Although, I must say, it did a good job of portraying the designer as someone who's passionate, someone who lives and breathes fashion.

Another individual who seems to live for fashion is runway front-row regular and Vogue editor-at-large, a.k.a. Anna Wintour's right-hand, André Leon Talley.

While trying to find a pic that did ALT any justice, I was a bit disappointed. All the images were quite safe, subdued, but here's one with him donning one of his many murals caftans+ballet flats that he probably had customed.

To match his fashion fierceness, ALT also has some choice catch phrases like what he says at the beginning of The September Issue, "It's a famine of beauty...my eyes are starving for beauty!"

I couldn't have put it any better. That's exactly how I feel when I'm out 'n about - downtown not any better! For shame, Toronto, for shame. The problem? Things have just gotten waaay too casual and sadly now, it's acceptable.

Future Post: In a few days, I will be going to the opposite of The Fashion Mecca, i.e. the airport. If I see anything outlandishly unacceptable, I will try to capture it on my cell phone cam and post w/ comment here. You know the drill!

What ever happened to those days where travelling was an event that you dress appropriately for? I understand the concept of comfort, however, I do not understand the "roll-out-of-bed-in-order-to-catch-a-flight" look.

Okay, maybe it's not a look, but more of something that actually happens. In any event, I still don't get it. Let's have some pride people, shall we?

Labels:



posted by Stephania at 9:22 pm
|
Comments: Post a Comment
All Music.com
Bible Gateway
Dictionary.com - USE IT!
eBay.ca
eBay.com

Aime Luxury
Elaine
Eleasa
Magda
Ruth

Internet Movie Db
PIG Radio
stereogum
Steve Lamacq
Urban Dictionary
Value Village

A Socialite's Life
Dlisted


Looking for something?




About Stephania

Email me! - pls include email address if you want a response!

Your FAV Blog


This page is powered by Blogger, the easy way to update your web site.

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com





Follow this blog