Rage Against Suburban Zombie-ism
Monday, October 05, 2009

Starbucks VIA Taste Challenge:
I FAILED...twice!!!


As you may know, I like free, so naturally I took the Starbucks VIA, eg. instant coffee, Taste Challenge...twice. And surprisingly, I failed both times.

However, this post is not about how Starbucks' instant coffee is pretty darn close in taste to their freshly brewed, but it's to say this: I like free as long as it doesn't make me feel like I'm imposing.

Case in point: Saturday afternoon, I stopped by a SB which had a few people in queue. Nothing outta hand. Once it was my turn, I asked about the Taste Challenge. The barista paused. When I questioned him about his hesitation, he stated that they were "short staffed"...but he could do it for me.

"Short staffed"? There are 3 of you working and 5 customers. How is that in any way "short staffed"? On Thursday evening, I realise not as busy as a Saturday afternoon, I was at a downtown SB where the cashier doubled as the barista!

On Sunday afternoon, different location, same story: Hesitation, followed by an excuse of how they were "short staffed" - again, 3 staff, a few customers in line - but they did it for me anyway. It's a good thing too 'cause they would've received an earful!

Finally, "short staffed" = not my problem. If your company basically puts out an APB on some kinda free shit, people are gonna show up! Remember that.

P.S. I almost fell into the VIA trap by buying into SB's whole convenience mentality. However, M reminded me that the instant coffee, even though it tastes like brewed, is probably made out of chemicals and other stuff that doesn't occur in nature.

Labels:



posted by Stephania at 9:02 pm
|
Comments: Post a Comment
All Music.com
Bible Gateway
Dictionary.com - USE IT!
eBay.ca
eBay.com

Aime Luxury
Elaine
Eleasa
Magda
Ruth

Internet Movie Db
PIG Radio
stereogum
Steve Lamacq
Urban Dictionary
Value Village

A Socialite's Life
Dlisted


Looking for something?




About Stephania

Email me! - pls include email address if you want a response!

Your FAV Blog


This page is powered by Blogger, the easy way to update your web site.

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com





Follow this blog