Rage Against Suburban Zombie-ism
Sunday, April 19, 2009

My New Form of Exercise!

Through older cousins, I was able to catch some of the 'Pogo stick wave'. (Once they grew out of it, me & my sibs got their hand-me-down Pogo stick made out of metal/spring coil.) And of course, the Pogo Ball was extremely popular in the '80s!

I have no idea who does this, but strapping on these jumping/running stilts, then doing back/front flips is known as Powerbocking or Powerizing. (Apparently, it's a European fad, but from video clips on the 'net, it just looks like suburban kids from the States are the main consumers.) I guess doing it in some choreographed way to music warrants a 'performance' then.

However, a warning to all you parents, I would strongly advise against buying these for your children! Have you seen the YouTube clips out there? They make those homemade skateboarding vids look like bocce ball! And similar to figure skating, those flips aren't landed 100% of the time.

Since I have no background in gymnastics, I'd just go jogging through my 'hood while my neighbours look on with a mix of envy/"That girl's a freak!". As I'm lazy, find the treadmill dull, and like the free feeling of bouncin' 'round, I think this Powerbocking thing would be fun.

Anyway, I'm thinking of trading in my Louboutins for these things!

Labels:



posted by Stephania at 1:33 am
|
Comments: Post a Comment
All Music.com
Bible Gateway
Dictionary.com - USE IT!
eBay.ca
eBay.com

Aime Luxury
Elaine
Eleasa
Magda
Ruth

Internet Movie Db
PIG Radio
stereogum
Steve Lamacq
Urban Dictionary
Value Village

A Socialite's Life
Dlisted


Looking for something?




About Stephania

Email me! - pls include email address if you want a response!

Your FAV Blog


This page is powered by Blogger, the easy way to update your web site.

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com





Follow this blog