Rage Against Suburban Zombie-ism
Sunday, September 30, 2007

Nuit Blech

Okay, I hate to be that person who shits on everything. (Total lie. I actually love it.) However Nuit Blanche 2007 was a BuSt. Calling a friend before heading out, he said that things sounded waaay better in the description than they actually turned out to be.

I never went last year, so I have nothing to compare it to.

All I know is that all along Queen, from Spadina --> Ossington, I saw a whole lotta nothing actually NB-related. That said, I did see a drunk couple argue in an alley and become physical with each other, pushin' and shovin'. The girl kept repeated, "You don't even fuckin' care about me!" Highlight #1.

I also saw a guy fall flat on his face on the sidewalk while trying to catch the street car. I asked J, "Is that a Nuit Blanche?" Highlight #2.

I also got pummeled over by a cyclist while crossing the street. (I'm not gonna be specific here just in case what happened to me at the YYYs thing gets deja-vu'd, i.e. the guy who I bad-mouthed discovered my entry!) I just stepped out, saw a bike from out of the corner of my eye, and the next thing I knew, I was on the street. I only scrapped my elbow.

Later J & I laughed our asses off about it 'cause she pointed out that the cyclist got it waaay worse than I did...he literally fell off his bike and hit the concrete. Highlight #3 - near death experience.

There were soo many people on the sidewalk that I felt like I was moving in molasses. Not a highlight as I hate people. I'm also not a fan of the parade, rallies, or anything else which includes masses of people standing 'round.

Other highlights include asking: "Is that a Nuit Blanche?" AND "What's goin' on?" for every strange thing/person that I saw, which was like every 5 secs.

I realised that the event is not really to boost Toronto's image as a metropolitan city OR even to bring art awareness, however it is just a mere promotion for local businesses, art galleries, etc.

Uninspired, but more a catalyst, I'd rather make my own art!

Labels:



posted by Stephania at 1:26 pm
|
Comments: Post a Comment
All Music.com
Bible Gateway
Dictionary.com - USE IT!
eBay.ca
eBay.com

Aime Luxury
Elaine
Eleasa
Magda
Ruth

Internet Movie Db
PIG Radio
stereogum
Steve Lamacq
Urban Dictionary
Value Village

A Socialite's Life
Dlisted


Looking for something?




About Stephania

Email me! - pls include email address if you want a response!

Your FAV Blog


This page is powered by Blogger, the easy way to update your web site.

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com





Follow this blog