Rage Against Suburban Zombie-ism
Thursday, November 21, 2013

My
Haul!!!

The Good, re:  I'd purchase again

Harvest Blend Herbal Tea - $1.99, 30 bags
I hate apple-based drinks (cider, juice, beer - ok), but I LOVE this tea!!!  It tastes like a warm hug...in a mug/teacup.  ;)  Main notes are apple, cinnamon, maybe a hint of orange peel.  Other than that, I don't taste the hibiscus, ginger, or whatever else it says on the box.

Teabag is not super strong.  Only good for a large mug or half a teapot.  More than that, it's too watered down.

Last minute grab, but I'm happy I did it! 

Frozen Croissants - $3.99, 8 mini
These frozen croissants kept coming up on blogs of what to buy at TJ's.  This was a pretty good purchase, decent value - not dirt cheap.  These were a bit tricky to find, so I had to ask for help.  They weren't beside the macaroons, ice cream, or even pies. 

The downside is that you should probably make them all at once since they're frozen.  You let them proof overnight, then bake in the morning or whenever you want to enjoy them.  SO, they're probably better for an occasion, re:  brunch with friends, a sleepover, mid-morning staff meeting, etc.  They were light 'n fluffy, a bit greasy, so I'd suggest that you use spray coconut oil on the rack/tin foil.

Dark Chocolate Edamame - $3.49, 284g
A recommendation from a fellow Yelper!  Sounds weird, tastes good.  Edamame are dry roasted.

Speculoos Crunchy Cookie Butter - $3.69

Another thing all over the blogs was this Speculoos Cookie Butter!  I'm not really into spreads like peanut butter or Nutella (I actually hate hazelnut chocolate anything!), but I just picked this product up 'cause, according to numerous peeps, it was like the must-buy at TJ's.

It basically tastes like gingerbread cookie dough.  I've eaten a coupla spoonfuls, but I'm unsure of what to do with it.  I'm thinking of using it in a recipe for power balls, ball version of granola bars, and swap out the peanut butter for Cookie Butter.  I'm sure that I'm compromising the health portion of the snacks, but oh well.

The Ugly - Don't think I'd buy again

Cheddar Horseradish Chips - $1.99
I initially thought that this would be a good idea, but this is not something that I'd buy again.  Sounds as weird as it tastes.  Ruffled, the BIG kind :(, kettle chips so they're super crunchy!  I enjoy cheddar and horseradish (with roast beef), but not so much together.

Antiplaque Toothpaste with Fennel, Propolis & Myrrh - $2.29
Cheap?  Hell, yes.  Effective?  I dunno, but it tastes like black licorice (fennel).  Blech.  And the paste itself looks lumpy.  I think I'll stick to boring ol' peppermint.

I'll do a new post once I've had a chance to go through the other stuff that I picked up!

Labels:



posted by Stephania at 5:58 pm
|
Comments: Post a Comment
All Music.com
Bible Gateway
Dictionary.com - USE IT!
eBay.ca
eBay.com

Aime Luxury
Elaine
Eleasa
Magda
Ruth

Internet Movie Db
PIG Radio
stereogum
Steve Lamacq
Urban Dictionary
Value Village

A Socialite's Life
Dlisted


Looking for something?




About Stephania

Email me! - pls include email address if you want a response!

Your FAV Blog


This page is powered by Blogger, the easy way to update your web site.

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com





Follow this blog