Rage Against Suburban Zombie-ism
Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Live-Blogging:
Closet Cleaning!

I finally have a day off and there's 1 thing that I'm looking forward to...cleaning my closet!  That while listening to podcasts and hopefully discovering some new tunes. 

My closet is both my friend/foe.  The door is broken (don't need it anyway), I put in an organiser with extra rods/racks some years ago, but it's still waaaay too small.  

Just beside my closet, I have a small, rotating armoire with casual stuff for layering (tees, long-sleeve knits, sweaters/cardigans, etc.) + a large Rubbermaid tote with lid (out-of-season crap) + shoes/boots, coats, jackets in a spare room + even more shoes/boots downstairs in the foyer. 

Basically, it's semi-organised, but all over the place and I'm sure that I don't get to wear certain items 'cause they're not exactly in plain sight!!!

Note to self:  Walk-in closet, with shoe shelving, a-must for my next dwelling!  I'm not gonna pare down my wardrobe just because I don't have the space.  :)

Here are some tips if you hafta do a BIG clean-up like me:
1.  Unless you have good lighting, plan this during the daytime;
2.  Wear clothing that you can easily take off or thin items so that you can try stuff on top of while you're sorting;
3.  Don't be sentimental, but practical.  Your grandma, who doesn't even live with you anymore, won't care if you toss her shirt...that you don't even wear yourself!  Something doesn't fit you properly?  Chances are it won't fit next year either!  Shoes pinch your feet?  Toss 'em!;
4.  Have a donation bag (or 2, or 3) ready!; &
5.  Choose your tunes!

Maybe it's just me, but I don't see this as a chore at all!

Labels:



posted by Stephania at 7:41 pm
|
Comments: Post a Comment
All Music.com
Bible Gateway
Dictionary.com - USE IT!
eBay.ca
eBay.com

Aime Luxury
Elaine
Eleasa
Magda
Ruth

Internet Movie Db
PIG Radio
stereogum
Steve Lamacq
Urban Dictionary
Value Village

A Socialite's Life
Dlisted


Looking for something?




About Stephania

Email me! - pls include email address if you want a response!

Your FAV Blog


This page is powered by Blogger, the easy way to update your web site.

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com





Follow this blog