Rage Against Suburban Zombie-ism
Friday, November 04, 2011

Prince's"The Beautiful Ones"

One of my all-time fav Prince songs. (Mariah did an equally beautiful cover on the '97 album, Butterfly. Fuck that reminds me that my disc is pretty scratched up, so I need to get a replacement!) In this Purple Rain version, it's soo powerful, especially towards the ending when the it becomes more conversational to Apollonia.

And guess who's coming to dinner town?? None other than the His Royal Badness, The Purple One Himself, PRINCE for his Welcome 2 Canada Tour!!!

I distinctly remember the last time he was in-town, I had a gorgeous, Parisienne coworker who went to the concert. She literally melted as she described him, "Stéphanie, you don't underztand. He's soo sexie! He's soo short, just a bit taller than you, tiny and wearz zee heelz, but when he zings it's like..." Her convo trails off in endless squealing.

How come I suddenly feel like watching Purple Rain...again?? Story of my life. Whenever I feel like watching a movie, it's always well past the stroke of midnight.

Sometimes I wished that I turned into a pumpkin at midnight. So at least it would be easy for me to go to sleep. Okay, no, not really.

Labels:



posted by Stephania at 1:09 am
|
Comments: Post a Comment
All Music.com
Bible Gateway
Dictionary.com - USE IT!
eBay.ca
eBay.com

Aime Luxury
Elaine
Eleasa
Magda
Ruth

Internet Movie Db
PIG Radio
stereogum
Steve Lamacq
Urban Dictionary
Value Village

A Socialite's Life
Dlisted


Looking for something?




About Stephania

Email me! - pls include email address if you want a response!

Your FAV Blog


This page is powered by Blogger, the easy way to update your web site.

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com





Follow this blog