Rage Against Suburban Zombie-ism
Thursday, September 15, 2011

eBay Stories: Why are people soo rude online?

No offense, but why are there soo many fuckin' rude people online? They exist in real life as well, but they know better than to give me any sass 'cause I'd smack them upside the head!

Anyway, if you've done any significant selling on eBay, I'm sure you have had these unpleasant encounters: Not only do such buyers want a deal, but they're also very rude in their approach!

For example, I had a bunch of auctions that ended on Sunday. Yesterday, i.e. 3 business days after the fact, I messaged the 2 outstanding buyers to ask them if they intend to complete the transaction, that I was planning to list some items and was wondering whether or not I should include the items the "won"*, etc. And here was 1 of the responses, a direct cut 'n paste:


Please kindly be patient..I am not sure as why buyers are so impatient...YOU WILL GET PAID EXACTLY WITHIN EBAY SPECIFIED PAYMENT GUIDELINES FOR BUYERS..SO DON'T JUST ASSUME BY DEFAULT THAT BUYER WON'T BE PAYING..HAVE A POSITIVE APPROACH IN LIFE & DON'T BE PUSHY.....LIST OTHER PAIRS THAT YOU HAVEN'T SOLD & DON'T WORRY ABOUT PAYMENT FOR THIS ONE....THX

What the f*ck is this all about? The message starts off normal...until he goes off the rails with the ALL CAPS. Who does he think he is, Kanye? Needless to say, I BLOCKED HIS A$$!!!

I recently discovered how to block specific users from bidding. (Yes, I'll admit that I'm a bit slow with figuring all these filters out!) Since I've had to do this a lot recently, here's an easy reference of How To Block Bidders:

Once you've logged in, go to My eBay > Account tab > Site Preferences (left-hand side) > Buyer requirements, Show, Edit > click onto the "buyer requirements exemption list" link > under Blocked Bidder/Buyer List, click onto the "Add an eBay user to my Blocked Bidder/Buyer List" link > add user ID person you wish to block and press "Submit"!

If you want, you can also block Blocked User from contacting you. Since I'm a glutton for punishment, I haven't gone to this length yet!

After this little discovery, I AM NOT LOOKING BACK!

* A 'nudge' which I devised myself. Usually works without sounding too mean.

Labels:



posted by Stephania at 11:34 am
|
Comments: Post a Comment
All Music.com
Bible Gateway
Dictionary.com - USE IT!
eBay.ca
eBay.com

Aime Luxury
Elaine
Eleasa
Magda
Ruth

Internet Movie Db
PIG Radio
stereogum
Steve Lamacq
Urban Dictionary
Value Village

A Socialite's Life
Dlisted


Looking for something?




About Stephania

Email me! - pls include email address if you want a response!

Your FAV Blog


This page is powered by Blogger, the easy way to update your web site.

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com





Follow this blog