Rage Against Suburban Zombie-ism
Sunday, April 10, 2011

Indian food is unhealthy anyway.

Dear Kunar,

I love eating at your establishment. (Actually, I don't know if it's yours per se, but you seem to be there the majority of the time I visit.) The food is delicious - I have absolutely no complaints about it whatsoever. HOWEVER, your attitude is the fuckin' pits.

At first, I thought it was a one-off, maybe you were just having a "bad day", or you were feeling overwhelmed, but I was wrong. Each and every time I see you, you act as though you have a tandoori chicken bone up your ass when you wait on me, take my order, refill my glass of water, etc. You know, stuff that you're supposed to do!

My apologies if I don't feel like an alcoholic beverage - I believe you asked me & my party at least twice if we wanted any drinks to start - or that I didn't want that rack of lamb that you suggested the visit before last. Neither of these declinations, might I add that they were done so politely, are reasons to be rude anyway!

What is wrong with you? That one time, I saw your face lift as you picked up an Indian girl and joyfully pranced around with her in your arms. Yet almost in the same breath, you return to my table as though someone shat in your mutter paneer. And yesterday, you greeted this Hindu chap with a smile and even gave him a congratulatory pat on the back, as though you two were old buddies.

What does it take for me to get into your good graces? Please don't say it's to change the colour of my skin because I do not believe in reincarnation.


On the upside, I am happy to know that I am not the only one who feels this way. At least one person has made a comment on your restaurant's website AND I personally witnessed you state, "YOU HAVE 15 MINUTES TO EAT...THE BUFFETS CLOSES AT 3PM!" to an Asian couple as soon as they step foot inside. I was actually in disbelief that they decided to stay and dine while the clock ticked away...

Now, I am unfortunately at a crossroads: Do I continue to be treated rudely, enjoying the food, but not really your demeanor? Or do I take my business elsewhere...that doesn't really exist because there is no other good Indian restaurants within a 10km radius from me? WWVD??!!

Should I write a review on your restaurant, hoping that you'll read it and adjust your attitude? (Although I don't like to be passive-agressive.) Compose an email, hoping that you're not the one who opens/subsequently deletes it? Or should I just say something casual like "smile", the next time you approach me with that huge scowl of yours? WHAT??!!

That's all I have to say to you,
Stephania.

Labels:



posted by Stephania at 11:48 pm
|
Comments: Post a Comment
All Music.com
Bible Gateway
Dictionary.com - USE IT!
eBay.ca
eBay.com

Aime Luxury
Elaine
Eleasa
Magda
Ruth

Internet Movie Db
PIG Radio
stereogum
Steve Lamacq
Urban Dictionary
Value Village

A Socialite's Life
Dlisted


Looking for something?




About Stephania

Email me! - pls include email address if you want a response!

Your FAV Blog


This page is powered by Blogger, the easy way to update your web site.

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com





Follow this blog