Rage Against Suburban Zombie-ism
Monday, October 26, 2009

Is this sorta like having Passenger 57 as the in-flight entertainment?

Initially likening it to 28 Days/Weeks Later, I was soo excited to watch Carriers (2009)...despite the Spanish subtitles, coughing in the background, and it having a recorded-in-a-theatre sound quality.

According to imdb, this movie starring Chris Pine was supposed to be released in the US, albeit limited, back in early September. (Canadian dates tend to be more or less the same.) However, there's no evidence that it actually came out.

After watching less than 10 minutes of it, I realised why this movie might not have been released after all: Swine Flu. The face masks, disinfecting with bleach (okay, that's a bit extreme), and airbourne contagious factors are all eerily similar to this so-called "national emergency".

So...it's just my speculation that whomever is in charge, either felt &/or was told that it wouldn't be such a good idea to release this film at this time.

Btw, in terms of Carriers as a movie, it SUCKED. No zombies, no chase scenes, nada. It was more reminiscent of M. Night Shyamalan's Signs than 28 Days/Nights Later, more moral dilemma-drama, i.e. "should I kill my infected loved one?", than zombie horror. And lastly, it was more "I don't give a fuck who gets killed" than nail-biting, edge-of-your-seat rollercoaster ride. All in all, it was a disappointing snoozefest!

On a related note, what's up with the Swine Flu? I mean, it is really as serious as this media hysteria is making it out to be? They're making it sound like an Outbreak-esque epidemic and I'm sick (ha ha) of hearing about it.

I've never had the flu shot and look, I'm still alive! And these officials are expecting regular people, like me, to get this vaccine that they practically developed overnight? I don't think so!

How I see it goes something like this: If I'm meant to die via Swine Flu, then so be it. No needle's gonna prevent destiny. However, that doesn't mean that I'm gonna psyche death out by standing near people who are sneezing and coughing either.

Labels:



posted by Stephania at 6:23 pm
|
Comments: Post a Comment
All Music.com
Bible Gateway
Dictionary.com - USE IT!
eBay.ca
eBay.com

Aime Luxury
Elaine
Eleasa
Magda
Ruth

Internet Movie Db
PIG Radio
stereogum
Steve Lamacq
Urban Dictionary
Value Village

A Socialite's Life
Dlisted


Looking for something?




About Stephania

Email me! - pls include email address if you want a response!

Your FAV Blog


This page is powered by Blogger, the easy way to update your web site.

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com





Follow this blog