Rage Against Suburban Zombie-ism
Tuesday, September 01, 2009

LCBNo!

I've had many jobs in my life. Despite wearing these various "hats", I don't think I can hack it at the LCBO!

Sunday morning, I began my feverish search of a bottle of Cotnari's Feteasca Alba. (I couldn't find it by the end of retail Saturday.) According to their website, another location had it, so I just called ahead to make sure that they had it on-hand.

(I felt weird calling shortly after they opened at 11am on a Sunday. However, I reminded myself that real Winos don't binge on stuff like Romanian white wine, so that made me feel better.)

Upon my arrival, shortly after noon, I guess no one felt the same shame; the store looked as though people were preparing for the apocalypse! I couldn't believe that I was standing in an actual QUEUE.

I knew what I was doing there: Purchasing a wine that I enjoyed, wanted to share with friends...later on that day, and while I was at it, I was also gonna spare some of it to cook with! But what were these drunkies doing with their 6-packs, looking all anxious like??

It really freaked me out to be there. I could only imagine that the LCBO employees, despite their decent pay and benefits - so I've heard - see the same people, day in and day out. And no doubt that these "regulars" are alkies. How depressing.

I see "regulars" too, but they're just crazies. It doesn't make me depressed, but rather it makes me feel better about my life 'cause I'm not that bad in comparison.

Labels:



posted by Stephania at 7:38 pm
|
Comments: Post a Comment
All Music.com
Bible Gateway
Dictionary.com - USE IT!
eBay.ca
eBay.com

Aime Luxury
Elaine
Eleasa
Magda
Ruth

Internet Movie Db
PIG Radio
stereogum
Steve Lamacq
Urban Dictionary
Value Village

A Socialite's Life
Dlisted


Looking for something?




About Stephania

Email me! - pls include email address if you want a response!

Your FAV Blog


This page is powered by Blogger, the easy way to update your web site.

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com





Follow this blog