Rage Against Suburban Zombie-ism
Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Louboutin Dilemma

You can't really tell by the pic, but I got my hands on a pair of Christian Louboutins. Let's be honest here, what's the point in wearing designer if no one else but yourself can tell?

Despite designer envy, I think tees with a huge logo splashed across &/or Louis Vuitton anything is tacky! I'm sure that the company has lost millions because every Asian chick+their grandma has a Monogram purse...yuck. Canal St.!

Back to the shoes...
Problem is that they don't fit me properly, so I'm gonna hafta resell them. :( (The style's a bit too 'shallow' for my feet, so they flip off when I walk.) Hate to do this, but above all else, I'm practical.

(I realise that the above statement is sorta ironic considering the subject of this post. And although I don't go to sleep on a bed of money, I shouldn't be walkin' 'round with plastic bags around my feet! I guess such splurges are sorta overcompensating for not getting anything as a child/adolescent/adult.)

Before I decided to get rid of the shoes, I had another dilemma: Should I bother protecting the trademark red soles?* And if so, how?

I'm thinking women who actually have the cash to buy these shoes (retail) simply buy a new pair once the old ones wear out! (Must be nice.) I just read though that as of 2008, replacement soles are included with each pair of CLs purchased.

I forgot to mention this on my Hervé post, but I appreciate things that are 'often imitated, but never duplicated', but it seems as though I spoke to soon as counterfeit Louboutins have shown up on the internet...from China, nevertheless. (I know they're my people, but I have no control over them!) Fakes are just under $200USD. Is nothing sacred anymore?

Perhaps it's just 'cause I got the wrong style or haven't done any actual walking in 'em, but honestly, Louboutins are just like any other pair of heels that I own...'cept with a bigger price tag and better marketing!

And in case you're wondering, I'm still Stephie from the block. *cringe* Used to have a little, but now, I'm smarter at getting a little more.

Aside: Believe it or not, I do not have a pair of black pumps in my shoe collection!

* In the Fall of 2007, Louboutin attempted to trademark his soles in the US & UK. I'm not quite sure of the outcome, but I *think* he succeeded.

Labels:



posted by Stephania at 5:09 pm
|
Comments: Post a Comment
All Music.com
Bible Gateway
Dictionary.com - USE IT!
eBay.ca
eBay.com

Aime Luxury
Elaine
Eleasa
Magda
Ruth

Internet Movie Db
PIG Radio
stereogum
Steve Lamacq
Urban Dictionary
Value Village

A Socialite's Life
Dlisted


Looking for something?




About Stephania

Email me! - pls include email address if you want a response!

Your FAV Blog


This page is powered by Blogger, the easy way to update your web site.

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com





Follow this blog