Rage Against Suburban Zombie-ism
Thursday, August 28, 2008

Getz/Gilberto's
"The Girl From Ipanema" (1963)

Obvious choice, I know, but do you realise how difficult it is to find a clip of Astrud Gilberto actually singing? Okay...she's probably lip-syncing here.

Anyway, I was gonna post this clip to say how quickly the Summer went by, but ytf is it snowing in the background while the chicks look as though they're extras off of Beach Blanket Bingo?

This would've been my second choice, especially with English lyrics, 'cause it reminds me of when I went through my "lounge" stage. I wish I had pictures of those days...or do I?


Btw, I won tickets to see Abraham Inc. (Jewish-funk) band tonight to kick off Harbourfront's Ashkenaz Festival! Guess who I'm taking?

Labels:



posted by Stephania at 12:54 am
|
Comments: Post a Comment
All Music.com
Bible Gateway
Dictionary.com - USE IT!
eBay.ca
eBay.com

Aime Luxury
Elaine
Eleasa
Magda
Ruth

Internet Movie Db
PIG Radio
stereogum
Steve Lamacq
Urban Dictionary
Value Village

A Socialite's Life
Dlisted


Looking for something?




About Stephania

Email me! - pls include email address if you want a response!

Your FAV Blog


This page is powered by Blogger, the easy way to update your web site.

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com





Follow this blog